Facebook Pixel Skip to main content

Payment of Tuition and Fees

Accounts are due and payable in full on or before the date specified on the semester invoice, per the academic calendar. Student's Account Statements are mailed once prior to the semester. After that, students can log into their online student account (SONIS) to view their account statements. Students who do not pay in full, enroll in the tuition payment plan, and/or demonstrate approved financial aid coverage before the date specified will be dropped from all courses. [Note: Military TA and Chapter 31/33 – please see below.] Any funding source received on the student's behalf and processed by Lakeview College of Nursing shall first be applied to any current outstanding balance for tuition, fees, and books.

Paying for College:

  • Self Pay: Cash, check, debit, or credit card. Option to pay on-line is available.
  • Financial Aid: Financial aid (completed and verified file) and/or scholarship award at a level to fully cover tuition and fee costs. Federal/Student/Parent loans confirmed. Please refer to the Financial Aid section for more information. Students must use financial aid for the intended semester. Students cannot use current semester loan monies for a previous semester.
  • Private Loans: Approved private educational loan. See the Financial Aid section.
  • Lakeview Scholarship Awards: Confirmed Lakeview College of Nursing scholarship award.
  • Third-Party Payment Agreement: Confirmed employer tuition assistance program, College Illinois, Veteran's Benefits*, Military Tuition Assistance** (TA), WIA, Vocational Rehab, etc.
  • Payment Plan: Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) tuition management payment plan. NBS is a low-cost option for budgeting tuition and fees. It is not a loan program; there are no debt, interest, or finance charges with no credit check. The only cost is a $25.00 per semester non-refundable fee. To enroll in the NBS Payment Plan please complete the form located on their website: http://mycollegepaymentplan.com/lakeview/ The balance due and student ID number is needed to complete the form. Please contact the cashier at 217-709-0922 or studentaccounts@lakeviewcol.edu with any questions. Students must maintain prompt monthly payments to be eligible for continued payments through NBS.


All financial obligations must be cleared before registration for a subsequent term and before graduation on both campuses. Failure to clear financial obligations will result in your ability to progress, or holding of diploma, transcripts, and Certification of Education form sent to the State by the College to sit for the NCLEX examination.


Veteran's Benefits - Chapter 31 and Chapter 33*

Students who have produced a certificate of eligibility by the first day of class for Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment or Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits will not be dropped from courses, charged a late fee, prevented from enrolling, required to secure alternative or additional funding, or denied access to college resources.
Requirements for this provision, students may be required to:

  • Produce the VA's Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class
  • Provide written request to be certified;
  • Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.

NOTE: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill

Military Tuition Assistance**

The Tuition Assistance (TA) program pays the cost of tuition and some additional fees. Nearly all military service members are eligible for TA. However, each service branch determines eligibility criteria that often reduce access. Tuition Assistance covers up to 100% Tuition and Fees, not to exceed $250.00 per semester credit hour or $4,500.00 per fiscal year.

All Active Duty Service Members (including Guard and Reserve) must contact their Education Service Office (ESO) or Education Counselor from their branch of service before enrolling.
Please visit the branch of service for Tuition Assistance procedures and application.