Nursing education is a future investment, resulting in higher earning potential and greater career choices. Lakeview College of Nursing actively works to keep costs down while maintaining high standards.
$500 Per Credit Hour [part-time or full-time]
$75 Per Credit Hour* [Cost Range for 1-17 hrs. = $75 - $1,275 per semester]
|Testing Fee2||$190 per course|
|Lab Equipment Fee for N311, N312 and N321||$75 for each course|
|Clinical Fee3||$10 per clinical course|
Proficiency Examination Fee
$100 per test
$100 per Credit Hour
|Audit Fee||$50 per Credit Hour|
|Late Registration Fee||$50|
|Late Payment Fee||$50|
|Returned Check Fee||$30|
|Lost of Misplaced Clinical ID Badge||$25|
|Lost or Misplaced Key Fob||$25|
1Course Fees: Orientation, Technology, Simulation, Library, Student Activity Fee, Assessment, Health Record Maintenance, Student Malpractice Insurance, Facilities
2Testing Fee: ATI Nursing Education [Standardized Testing, Comprehensive Predictor, NCLEX-RN Live Review, Skills Modules, Video Case Studies, Drug Guide]
3Clinical Fee: Clinical Placement
Student Insurance: Students need to carry their own health insurance coverage. Students will be financially responsible for any medical care. This includes but is not limited to needle-stick injuries, clinical injuries, emergency room, or any medical care at a clinical site.
Resources - For more information on some possible health care plans, view below:
- Health Insurance Marketplace - The U.S. government portal for the Affordable Care Act, providing information on major medical plans, qualifying for Medicaid/Medical, local resources, FAQs, and how to apply for a healthcare plan outside of open enrollment. https://www.healthcare.gov/
- Student Insurance Plans - http://www.ejsmith.com and https://www.insuranceforstudents.com
Please refer to Cost of Attendance.
Semester I (Courses 311, 312, 313, 314)
Includes: Books ($963)
Scrub Uniforms, White Coat, Shoes, Penlight, Watch with a second hand, Bandage scissors, Stethoscope, Blood Pressure Cuff with Sphygmomanometer ($350)
Electronic device ($700) [Laptop - see required specs]
Semester 2 (Courses 321, 322, 323, 324)
Semester 3 (Courses 431, 432, 433, 434)
Semester 4 (Courses 441, 442, 443, 444)
Includes: Books ($203)
Nursing License Costs: (approximate costs)
Travel to Clinical Sites (clinical sites are generally within a 70-mile one-way radius from the College)
Optional Expenses (approximate costs)
Books, equipment, etc. may be purchased at:
- Follett Bookstore at Danville Area Community College - 217-443-8759
- Other vendors, such as Amazon or Lippincott.
Uniforms: Students will need to purchase uniforms through Star Uniform https://www.star-uniform.com
Patches: Students will need to purchase a minimum of two patches, $5.00/each. One patch for the scrub-top - sewn on the upper left chest and one patch for the lab coat- sewn on the upper left sleeve. See pictures for proper placements. Patches are available at the College.
Charleston Location Students
Charleston Students under former LCN/EIU agreement
Students enrolled at the Charleston location can take advantage of Eastern Illinois University Student Services. Students must sign-up for the services by the fifth day of the semester. Please complete the form and return it as designated. EIU will create a PAWS account for the student.
Students also have the opportunity to waive or enroll in EIU Student Health Insurance.
Access the EIU PAWS account at http://www.eiu.edu/paws or contact 217-581-6605 to make payment.
EIU Student Fees & Health Insurance
· Student Fees - Charleston students who elect to enroll for EIU services will be charged a flat fee of $450.00 each semester for EIU services (recreation center, computer labs, library, health services, union center, campus improvement, etc.) You must notify EIU of your election to receive services within five (5) calendar days of the start of each semester and make full payment of the account balance at that time.
· Health Insurance Fee – all inquiries related to EIU Student Insurance should be directed to the EIU Student Insurance Officer by calling 217-581-5290. The deadline to waive or enroll in the EIU Health Insurance Fee is as follows:
Fall Term 2023 - September 1, 2023
Spring Term 2024 - January 15, 2024
Summer Term 2024 - May 12, 2024
Per the academic calendar, accounts are due and payable in full on or before the date specified on the semester invoice. Student's Account Statements are mailed once prior to the semester. At any time, students can log into their online student account (SONIS) to view their account statements. Students who do not pay in full, enroll in the tuition payment plan, and/or demonstrate approved financial aid coverage before the date specified will be dropped from all courses. [Note: Military TA and Chapter 31/33 – please see below.] Any funding source received on the student's behalf and processed by Lakeview College of Nursing shall first be applied to any current outstanding balance for tuition, fees, and books.
Paying for College:
- Self-Pay: Cash, check, debit, or credit card. Option to pay on-line is available.
- Financial Aid: Financial aid (completed and verified file) and/or scholarship award at a level to fully cover tuition and fee costs. Federal/Student/Parent loans confirmed. Please refer to the Financial Aid section for more information. Students must use financial aid for the intended semester. Students cannot use current semester loan monies for a previous semester.
- Private Loans: Approved private educational loan. See the Financial Aid section.
- Lakeview Scholarship Awards: Confirmed Lakeview College of Nursing scholarship award.
- Third-Party Payment Agreement: Confirmed employer tuition assistance program, College Illinois, Veteran's Benefits*, Military Tuition Assistance** (TA), WIA, Vocational Rehab, etc.
- Payment Plan: Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) tuition management payment plan. NBS is a low-cost option for budgeting tuition and fees. It is not a loan program; there are no debt, interest, or finance charges with no credit check. The only cost is a $25.00 per semester non-refundable fee. To enroll in the NBS Payment Plan please complete the form located on their website: http://mycollegepaymentplan.com/lakeview/ The balance due and student ID number is needed to complete the form. Please contact the cashier at 217-709-0922 or email@example.com with any questions.
Students must maintain prompt monthly payments to be eligible for continued payments through NBS.
All financial obligations must be cleared before registration for a subsequent term and graduation. Failure to clear financial obligations will result in the ability to progress or to hold a diploma, and Certification of Education form sent to the State by the College to sit for the NCLEX examination.
Veteran's Benefits - Chapter 31 and Chapter 33*
Students who have produced a certificate of eligibility by the first day of class for Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment or Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits will not be dropped from courses, charged a late fee, prevented from enrolling, required to secure alternative or additional funding, or denied access to college resources.
Requirements for this provision, students may be required to:
- Produce the VA's Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class
- Provide written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.
NOTE: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
Military Tuition Assistance**
The Tuition Assistance (TA) program pays the cost of tuition and some additional fees. Nearly all military service members are eligible for TA. However, each service branch determines eligibility criteria that often reduce access. Tuition Assistance covers up to 100% Tuition and Fees, not to exceed $250.00 per semester credit hour or $4,500.00 per fiscal year.
All Active Duty Service Members (including Guard and Reserve) must contact their Education Service Office (ESO) or Education Counselor from their branch of service before enrolling.
Please visit the branch of service for Tuition Assistance procedures and application.
All refunds will be requested through the Cashier and approved through the Business Office periodically throughout the semester. All refunds will be issued in the form of a check. Students should come prepared to meet their school/living expenses prior to the issuance of refund checks. Emergency loans will not be issued at any time.
All student accounts will be refunded in accordance with established College procedures (for Military Tuition Assistance see TA Refund Policy Schedule):
- 100% Refund - The initiation and completion of the course withdrawal must be made through the Director of Enrollment/Registrar by Noon:
- 16 week semester: By the end of the 2nd class week.
- 10 week format classes or Summer session: By the end of the first week of class.
- Weekend format classes: By the Monday following the 1st class meeting.
No refund will be given for withdrawals made after the deadlines stated above.
- Federal Aid over the statement of accounts will be refunded once the funds are received from the Federal Government. Refund checks are generally available 30 days after the start of classes each semester.
- Private Education funds are received electronically by the College and posted directly to the student’s LCN statement of account. In case of a credit balance, a refund check will be generated at that time.
- Each semester all credit balances will be refunded. No balances will be carried forward to another semester.
Note: The exception to this policy is when the Department of Education Federal Refund Policy Return of Title IV Funds must be applied to those students whose costs are paid by student financial aid funding.
State and/or Accrediting Agency Refund Rule
The State of Illinois has not established a mandated refunding rule for private colleges.
The Higher Learning Commission, as an accrediting agency, has not established a refund rule.
Federal Refund Rule (Return of Title IV Funds)
The Department of Education mandates that unearned federal financial aid funds are returned to the specific program if a student withdraws from all coursework in a semester (Requirements of 34 CFR 668.22). The refund amount is determined by the days of the semester the student was in attendance versus the remaining days (after withdrawal) until the semester ends. Students are notified by mail of their debt to the Department of Education. This debt must be paid on time for the student to receive future financial aid. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more details regarding this policy.
Military Benefits - Special Circumstances: A soldier ordered into active duty service by the Government must speak with the Business Office.
Military Tuition Assistance (TA) Refund Policy Schedule
- 16- week Course Withdraw submitted Before or during weeks 1-2 100% return
During weeks 3-4 75% return
During weeks 5-8 50% return
During weeks 9-10 40% return
(60% of the course is completed)
During weeks 11-16 0% return
- 10- week Course Withdraw submitted Before or during week 1 100 % return
During week 2-3 75% return
During weeks 4-5 50% return
During week 6 40% return
(60% of the course is completed)
During weeks 7-10 0% return